Pages

Monday 26 May 2014

Le Petit Creme - July 2012

A cold winters morning.

When it's winter and the weather is all grey and gloomy outside, nothing much comes close to just wanting to stay in bed all morning and lazing about. Unfortunately, my stomach didn't agree with this and rumbled and groaned until I finally gave in. "Fine I'll go look for some food!"  I mentally told myself. I don't usually stock my kitchen up for Saturday brekkies as I prefer heading out somewhere and this morning was no different.

Realizing that it was late in the morning already and that the place I wanted to visit would probably be packed, I told Wenni dress up for outdoor seatings. So we put on our jackets and scarves and drove out to Le Petit Creme in Darlinghurst.

Wenni "Yup it's packed!"

True enough. the only tables available were the ones outside. "No worries! we came prepared!" I told Paul the owner and happily took our seats by the door. Interestingly enough, the little square table we sat at, had hinges on 2 of it's sides which left us wondering for a few minutes as to what it could have possibly been previously. Note to self - remember to ask Paul next time.

Le Petit Creme is a little French cafe that is famous for it's weekend only Eggs Benedict and that's exactly what we ordered. Wenni had the salmon one and I had the ham one.

Now for a gloomy winter morning, nothing beats a good coffee and the ones here come in a massive bowl! It also doubles up well as a hand warmer.


mmmmmm...warm.

Halfway through our coffees, the eggs Benedict arrives and we get straight into it!


Eggs benedict with smoked salmon and brioche

Firstly, I'd like to apologize for the above picture. I forgot to take one before digging straight into it so the half eaten plate and my description will have to do. Two perfectly poached eggs sprinkled with paprika sitting on top of a bed of smoked salmon covered in a generous dollop of hollandaise sauce. At first, I thought that the sauce (which is apparently a secret recipe of Pauls) bordered slightly on the sourish side but when you combine every element on the plate together with the beautiful slices of sweet brioche, I could straightaway see why people keep coming back for more. Everything on the plate worked well with each other harmoniously and in no time at all, we were both just staring at our empty plates.

Le petit creme is definitely a place worth trying out if you love your eggs benedict. I'll pop by here again sometime in the near future to see what else is good on their menu. :)

Le Petit Creme on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment