Pages

Monday 26 May 2014

Bean Drinking, Crows Nest - March 2014

There is a near endless number of cafes in the inner west area. Places with great food, loads of seats, in warehouses, hole in the wall....there is just so many that even if you went out every weekend, there will not be a time when you can confidently say that you've been to them ALL.

This weekend, we decided to mix it up a little and travel further out to the North. 
No offense to anyone but personally, anything that involves crossing the Harbour Bridge is considered too far and requires pre-planning. So we packed our bags, charged our mobiles, brought water and snacks and proceeded with the adventure for the morning. I jest...

Now the guys at Bean Drinking are serious about their coffee. Not only do they have their own roasters,they also sell an assortment of Hario brewing equipment. I will in no way try to pretend that I know half of the things on their coffee menu which includes coffee that can be ordered in an assortment of brewing methods!

Ambiance wise, this place is really nice. there's a little park just opposite the shop where you can sit under a tree and sip your coffee whilst watching the kids play, the dogs pant or just doze off. 





The coffee art was good with no complaints from my friends. The hot chocolate was dranked down in a jiffy. I ordered something called an "Arnold Palmer" thinking it was somewhat like a long black but mixed in with lemonade. it was just ice tea with lemonade but the tea was replaced with Cascara (coffee cherry pulp) :P
    



Bean Drinking focuses on fresh produce and what's in season. With that I hope that the chicken meat in my toasted "Perfect Chicken" was free-ranged and corn fed. Portions were nice and large so at least I was full and only needed my next meal about 5hours later. :)





Wenni and Hubes had the "breakfast Brioche" I personally think Brioche anything is good! It definitely looked it. Should have asked for a bite....









Lou had the Brioche French Toast. I'm not sure about how it tasted. I didn't ask her. Maybe she can comment on this post to tell us exactly what she thought of it. Hmm... I've got a craving for this now...I know what I'm going to order next week.







 Mishy had the "Hearty Breakfast Board". I didn't like the presentation of this dish as it looks as if everything was just chucked onto a chopping board and served. Mish did say the 
mushrooms were too vineger-ry for her. 








Crows Nest has it's fare share of 'crazies' too. The guy sitting behind us was barking to himself. The girl sitting next to him moved at the first chance she got. lol

So...my take on this place. 
As a place to catchup with friends for coffee and maybe a slice of cake, sure thing! 
As a breakfast place that I'll keep in my list of top 10 which ticks every box, probably not. 


Bean Drinking
Shop 1, 13 Ernest Place, Crows Nest 
opening hours : Mon - Sun 7am-6pm
 Website : link / Google Map
Bean Drinking on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. khóa học seo giúp bạn bán hàng online hiệu quả nhất. Khóa học chỉ với chi phí 1.000.000- 2.0000.000 vnđ.
    Xem chi tiết click duới dây :
    khóa học seo web
    khóa học seo web hiệu quả, uy tín hàng đầu tại tphcm

    ReplyDelete