Pages

Monday 18 August 2014

Dear Delicious, Dulwich Hill

Mornings like last Sunday should be spent at  home, with a whole lotta junkfood, a few movies and a thick quilt....but nooooo, my bodyclock had to wake me up at 8am and my stomach asked to be fed. My brain used 'the force' on me and said that I had no desire to make pancakes at home but instead to go check out some place new.  It was against my will! 
It was pouring down with rain and as much as I wanted to take a picture of the shop front, I couldn't be bothered as my umbrella was already at risk at being blown inside out. So here's a photo of their logo instead. :P
I like the interior of DD. It's lovely high ceilings and spacious interior gives it a sense of spaciousness. It's kid friendly with colouring books and crayons in 1 corner of the room. There's even a massive round table at the back for those with large groups.
errr...constellation latteart? No I did not stir it.
Coffee at DD is pretty good, serving up a SingleOrigin of a unknown brand, I had no complaints except that, I didn't get any sort of pretty fern leaf, loveheart, hello kitty or even a round blob of milk! I mean, we were there just before 9am and the place wasn't even half full. Their FB page boasts of latteart photos so one would think that the barista would have put a little bit more effort in? Anyhow, I still drank my coffee as it was a good one. :)


Croque Monsieur with free range ham and horsradish clotted cream n fried egg ($15.90)
The missus thought this dish was a pretty good but halfway through changed her mind as the flavours of salt and the sourness of the clotted cream overpowered the dish. The bread which came from Brickfields was throughly enjoyed though, so thumbs up to them! :)
Gypsy baked eggs - smoked hazelnut dukkah, bacon, tomato, feta, eggplant ($18)
This dish had the right balance of flavours to it. Not one ingredient overpowered the other and I would happily order this dish again if I revisited DD. The only constructive feedback I would give would be the plating. It was slightly tricky to cut up the bacon pieces on the already cramped plate without knocking the bread onto the table. I ended up mashing everytthing in the bowl up and tearing the bread up with my hands.

Dear Delicious is the new kid on the Dulwich Hill block and definitely has potential. 2 customers (and myself) were served dishes that we didn't order and to me this is a no-no especially when the cafe was only half full.

On a positive, the waitresses were always cheerful and the food was pretty good overall.
So with that, let's see how they fare with time.

Dear Delicious
Address : 245 Wardell Rd, Dulwich Hill
Opening hours : 
Facebook / webpage (which has no content yet)

Dear Delicious on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. those baked eggs look mighty fine with that crispy bacon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good go to dish for a cold winters morning. :)

      Delete
  2. my body is calling for baked eggs with the weather but that croque monsieur looks so freaking delicious!

    ReplyDelete