Pages

Saturday 5 July 2014

Aslan Coffee, St Peters


Aslan Coffee is a place that I drive by quite regularly.  I've always thought it was humorous to name your cafe after a character from the series of Narnia books. The owner must be a massive fan. 
rawr
Located just off May street near St Peters station lies this little cafe. Whilst small in size, the one thing they are big on, is their coffee.
Always good to know what time it is in Bali
skim milk makes for tricky latte art
The aroma of coffee beans drew us to sit inside the shop with it's red bright walls. From what I saw, most of their customers came by to get takeaway. There were the occasional 'compliments to the barista' as well (Good job Ryan!) :) I like the fact that you can place orders via text message... Good for the person who's on the move. 
Ryan hard at work.
When it got a little quiet, I had a chat with Ryan, Aslans barista about their beans. Now I'm probably not going to do him justice and get this wrong but from what I understood, the boss (who is Indonesian)  sources for his coffee beans from his home country, testing out different regions to find the best one possible. In the past few months, they've purchased Bali coffee beans whilst still green and have been experimenting with different ways of roasting them in-house. For a more information about their coffee, do visit their website. Their story's actually pretty cool!
The Roastmax
Breakfast choices here is pretty limited and it was amusing to see Beef Rendang on the menu. I chuckled and ordered it! Maybe next time, you could also add Martabak Manis to your menu as a sweet treat!! :)
Beef Rendang ($12.50)
The beef was pretty good, really tender and had a good kick of spice to it. Perfect for a winters morning. Brown rice was served and this was cooked well. I would have preferred the salads to be replaced with green beans or something else stir-fried to go with the whole asian theme.. 
Breakfast roll on organic mini soft baguettes ($9.50)
WN had the breakfast roll in a mini baguette. No complaints from her. 

I forgot to mention earlier that there was also an assortment of cakes and pastries too which they get from Lux Bakery in Newtown. I took a photo of but it turned out pretty bad. :P I blame my super slow Iphone 4.... (note to self - please buy yourself a new phone)

Social marketing is the way to go in this day and age.
Overall, I'd come back here for a takeaway coffee any day. The staff are friendly and the coffee is good. I'm going to save their number down for when I do drive by again sometime in the future. 

Aslan Coffee
Address : 1 Council Street, St Peters, New South Wales, 2044
Opening hours : 
   Mon to Fri : 7:00am - 2:30pm
   Saturday   : 8:00am - 2:00pm
Google map / Facebook / Website 

Aslan Coffee on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment